MANY THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR A MARVELLOUS DAY!!
On the 29th of April 2018 Mascot Fest was hit by wind, rain and finally the sun that came out to accompany us from 13.00 onwards, to enjoy a good time with our Friends, old and new, that were brave enough to challenge the weather and come to the event.
Thanks to all the participants, we have collected approximately 500 Euros, food and snacks for dogs, and 6 cats and our wonderful dog Kira, have found a home.
We had the honor to teach children that dogs and cats can be their best friends, if treated with respect and love. Furthermore, we were able to explain how challenging it is to maintain the shelter, we shared the stories of our loved four legged friends, and divulgated the importance of animal welfare. And all of this accompanied by great music, Dutch, Mexican, Vegetarian and local food, and tasty craft beer. Kids, young and old, transformed their face with spectacular make-up, and played coloring cats and dogs papers.
We would like to thank our collaborators who, regardless of the rain, came to help us make a great event and gain funds that will benefit the animals of the shelter:
• Xolotl and Café Murada restaurant that offered amazing food, gorditas, guacamole, ceviche and pizza Margherita
• Marco, from Be Live Hotels, for his valuable support in the organization, providing materials and cooking some of the great specialities of the Dutch food to celebrate the Day of the King
• Forastera for sharing with us their tasty, full bodied, aromatic craft beer
• David with his “mixed-breed” music, hip-hop, cumbia, etc., a great selection mixed by a great DJ
• Make-up Artist for making us feel kids again, with their creative and colorful make-up
We also want to express our gratitude to the Ayuntamiento de Llucmajor, Just su Aquí store, Dogma store, Foto Ruano, Pidelaluna, IT2B.
The event was the result of the effort of our volunteers that helped organizing the event, coordinating the activities, preparing the materials, bring food and drinks to be sold, taking pictures, walking the dogs and so much more.
Thanks to everyone that in some ways support us in continuing with our work, and we hope to continue working together to eradicate one day the abandonments and cruelty to animals in our beloved island.